Common side effects of this issue:
- Error appears while starting the client.
- Hornetdrive stop/crashes.
- Reinstallation does not help.
The cause may be a damaged central file on the local system, in which keys are stored. This file is normally not removed during uninstallation.
The following steps are necessary:
- Exit and uninstall Hornetdrive
- Delete the internal Hornetdrive data directory under %appdata%\Hornetdrive
- e.g. C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\HORNETDRIVE
- Note: AppData is a hidden directory and is only visible if the path is entered directly or the Explorer is set up accordingly. Win + R can also be used to navigate into "%appdata%".
- New installation of Hornetdrive. The damaged file is then recreated and the problem should be solved.